Monday, August 25, 2008

Birthday Bliss

August is a crazy month for us as far as birthdays go. Last weekend we celebrated 4 birthdays, and had 3 parties on the agenda. Cake, cake, and more cake! We kicked it off with Kael's "Splish Splash Birthday Bash"! All I can say is 8 boys is quite a handful. They were basically OUT OF CONTROL! They had a fun time though. The Birthday party was complete with water balloons, slip n' slide, water guns, relay races, pizza, and cake. Oh, and not to mention the blue Kool-aid that I think was the culprit for the craziness. As a first time Kool-aid maker, no body told me it had 1 cup of sugar in it!!! I even put in less than a cup. Kool-aid is no longer allowed in my house, yuck. I had to post pictures of "the cake". I hope you can tell it's a scuba guy. We also celebrated Christy's 30th birthday. As the assistant to her husband, I had lots to do. It turned out great, and she was really surprised. I'm only posting one picture so I don't embarrass her. (If you want more Christy, I have lots!) Then came Sunday, his official birthday. Come on, we had to celebrate on the actual day. We just threw in the Hodson birthdays in the month of August and hosted a little party at our house. It was a fun and busy weekend, but I was pretty exhausted. If Kael had his way, it would be his birthday every day! I'm just glad it only comes around once a year.







7 comments:

Stacie said...

Ohhhh! I love the scuba cake. Too much talent.

Christy and Brian said...

Love the pictures, and yes i do want a copy of the pictures you took, I don't have any (not that I am going to hang them up in my house or anything). THanks for all your help, I know you made it all happen :) We love August! especially for the cake.

LeBaron Family said...

Hey April, its me, your long lost friend who just lives 5 minutes from you. I just got a blog.
thelebaronfam.blogspot.com
its good to see the kids! Lets plan a reunion party! he he!
love Sarah

Sarah said...

holy cow, cool cake! amazing, as usual.

KimberlyGanir said...

Way cool cake April! What a good summer birthday idea!!

woodsfam said...

Hey girl! I'm so glad that you have a blog so we can peep and see what your up to! That cake is hilarious! We miss you guys and congradulations on another boy!

The Wadsworth's said...

Oh my gosh, Kaels b-day cake brought me back to the good ol' days when you used to divide our family into the "white" group and the "brown" group. Obviously you think we need more "brown" members in the family.....hee, hee, hee! Love, love, love the cake. xo