Saturday, June 13, 2009

So much to BLOG about

Time to catch up! We've had a busy couple of months. We took the kids to Lagoon yesterday. It was a perfect day, and we really lucked out. Considering it's been raining here all week. My parents came for a visit last week. They recently returned from their mission to the Philippines. It was so good to see them, and of course I put them to work. The kids had so much fun helping papa in the yard and getting our garden ready. I got a picture of them just watching him work in the garage. So cute! My mom and I have been busy with the kids rooms. She added her special touch by painting flowers in Aliyah's room. The skateboarder, however, is a decal. Kael loves it. We hung shelves, refinished a bench, and I spent the whole week picking her brain for ideas. We're still not done, so hopefully they'll be back for a visit soon.

Kael graduated from preschool and is more ready than ever for Kindergarten. (me too!) He also just finished swimming lessons, and has become a good little swimmer. As for the last picture, my cute friend surprised me with this banner as I drove home from doing my first triathlon. The triathlon was fun, but a lot different from a marathon. I'm just glad I didn't drown. :)






7 comments:

Tina Upson said...

k so I just finished a half marathon this morning and felt good about it until I saw your post.....YOU WIN!!! Was it a sprint or full triathalon???? You are incredible!!!

Sarah said...

love the kids' rooms... very cute touches in there! i need to come see that bench, sounds cute!

Cali said...

Wow... you're mom is really talented! That's awesome!! And BTW... what?! A triathlon! You're amazing... I wouldn't even attempt one :) My husband did a triathlon last summer and said the same thing... the swimming was the hardest part.

Aim Aug said...

So cute! That decal is cool. And I love the chandelier, and those flowers couldn't be cuter. I want to come see the rest.

Emily K. said...

Congratulations on your Triathlon! That's awesome! I would love to do one someday, but I really really can't swim. The bedrooms look great!

Liza said...

You GO girl. You are my hero!

Paul, Cammie Jo, and Raegan said...

Hey April, I saw your blog link from Aimee's, just wanted to say hi and way cute blog! If you could email me I will totally send you an invite to our blog. paul.cammiejo@gmail.com