Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kohen's arrival


It's about time I post about Kohen's birth. Most of you know the details, so I'm posting the short version. His actual due date was Jan. 19th, but the doctor said he would induce me on the 15th. Well, he fooled us all and decided to come on the 11th. For those of you that know me, I'm not a spontaneous person, so surprises are not happily welcome in my world. I endured the contractions for 2 days, and then all of a sudden the contractions became unbearable Sunday night. It hits a point where you just know it's time. I "tried" to pack my bag, along with an overnight bag for my kids to stay with Grandma. There is a reason they tell you to pack ahead of time. Marc's parents quickly came to get the kids, and we were off to the hospital at about 7 PM. We were the only ones in labor and delivery having a baby (unheard of in Utah), so we got star treatment. I got my epidural at 7:30, and he was born at 8:33. It was so fast, and the whole experience felt so surreal. He weighed 7 lbs. 11oz. and was 20 inches. I can't believe I'm posting this picture of me, but this picture says it all. This is how he is. He doesn't cry all the time, he's just a feisty little guy. He knows what he wants, and he's very vocal about it. VERY different from my other two. His middle name is Ikaika, which means strong and powerful in Hawaiian. We named him that becomes he was so active when I was pregnant with him, but who knew he would live up to his name when he came out?! We are so happy he is here, and that he is healthy. He is a sweet baby with terrible sleeping habits, but we're working on it. We're also learning that we may need to have restraining order put on Aliyah. The intensity of love that she has for her brother is a little questionable and scaring at times. We're all adjusting, and doing well. We're very blessed to have a new little one in our family.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

oh too funny.... can i come over tonight? either before or after yoga? give me a call, can't wait to meet him!

KimberlyGanir said...

I love it!! I'm hoping I'm that fast, you are so lucky!

Abby said...

He is so cute! BTW, if I ever look like that after having a baby I will send the picture to everyone I know! You look great. We are very used to the fiesty ones. ;)

The Perry's said...

I haven't been on here in forever and I click on my "Marc and April" link and oh my gosh you already had him. I feel bad I lost track of time. And he looks so good and cute. Hope you figure out the sleeping pattern soon and Abby is right, you look great, but have you ever looked bad? Not so much. Good luck chica...

Amberlynn said...

Hello April! It's me, Amberlynn (Christy's old roommate from Ricks). Congratulations on baby Kohen! He's a doll! I have to say you look so beautiful after just having a baby! lucky! I know you're super busy, I just have two quick questions for ya. I'm going to purchase a double stroller and Christy told me that you LOVE your peg prego stroller. I looked it up online and it doesn't say whether you can use a Graco infant carseat and if it reclines flat. Do you know? I'm not sure what kind of carseat you own. Do you own a peg prego? I'm not sure if that is the only kind you can use, or what. But before I spend the mula, I thought I'd find out about those two things. My e-mail address is amberlynnzolik@hotmail.com
Thanks April!
Love ya,
amberlynn

Butlers R Us said...

Congratulations guys! He looks perfect! I can't wait to meet him.
Hugs and Kisses to the fam!

Wendy

Stacie said...

Too cute! I love it. I weighed 7 lbs. 11 oz....7-11 is always easy to remember. :)

Tina Upson said...

Um you are adorable and so is the little mini!! I miss you hunny....we are so close I can feel your energy!! T

Cali said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby! You look FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC by the way. I looked like I had been hit by a semi-truck after delivery.