Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Yes, I am alive!!!

I thought I'd do a quick post to let you all know that I do still blog. I have some new pictures to post of Kael's end of the year preschool program, but I'm too lazy to download them right now. The past few weeks have been crazy busy. Due to my Spring fever, I finally have an itch to start some projects. After 7 months of being in our home, I finally painted my kitchen. Drum roll please... and you can't even tell. So one project leads to another. Now I want to glaze my kitchen walls to make them darker. Along with painting my kitchen, I have attempted to do a back splash as well. After 2 days, I am 3/4 of the way done. Now if only I can get my hubby to help me cut the tile for around the 10 outlets in my kitchen. Yes, 10! Had I realized that before I started, I may have second guessed doing a back splash at all. Next on my list was the shower curtain. We finished our basement recently, and I have been on the hunt for the perfect shower curtain. So after three weeks of looking and 20 stores later, I stop at the fabric store for a quick peek at some fabric for some curtains I want to make (another project on my list). I pass the 50% off section and immediately get sucked in. As I skim through the fabric, I see one and think, "that would make the cutest shower curtain." So instead of just buying a pre-made one, I spend 2 hours of my morning making one. WHY? Why do I keep piling more on my plate? And now I am avoiding doing all the things I've neglected since I've started my projects. Off I go to clean the house, do laundry, feed the kids, yada, yada.

3 comments:

Abby said...

I have missed you. ;) You and I are right in the same spot right now. We finally cleaned out our garage (all boxes, some haven't been opened since college...). They either went to DI or in the House, which of course made me organize and clean the ENTIRE house. Its good. Im getting there. Im dying to see pictures of your house. Love ya!

Shane Ganir said...

Hey! We should chat soon! I miss you guys! At least you have the creativity to A. Think up all of these projects and B. effectively create a masterpiece!!! I have been lazy posting too. i can't wait to see pics of all the things you've been up to! Let me know how to make a shower curtain I would LOVE to do that!!~Loves

About Me said...

I'm so glad you gave me your blog. Thanks for dinner last night. You guys are awesome!