Sunday, May 18, 2008

Should I? Or Shouldn't I?


For MANY reasons, I have FINALLY come to a decision of whether or not I should send Kael to Kindergarten. So many pros, so many cons, so many sleepless nights, and too much contemplation on my part to the point of going MAD! If you can help it, never have a late summer baby. This has been really hard, but I am not going to send him. I'm going to cross my fingers, hold my breath, and say a little prayer that it is the right decision. I truly believe he is ready and would do fine if I sent him in the fall, but I believe even more that he will succeed leaps and bounds if I wait one more year. Kael already suffers from the, "Why can't I do that?" syndrome. So hopefully this will solve many future frustrations. Sports, driving, dating, mission, the list goes on, but we're certain we made the right decision. This is my sweet boy on the last day of preschool. Little does he know he'll be back in the fall. Thankfully for him and me he will go 3 days a week instead of 2. Trying to convince him that school is over for the summer has been a hard one too. He just doesn't get it. I can't wait, 3 months of the same question over and over, "mommy, do I have school today?"

3 comments:

KimberlyGanir said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KimberlyGanir said...

I feel your pain except that both of my kids miss the deadline by 1 month and so they HAVE to wait a whole extra year to start Kindergarten. But I am glad that they will be the oldest in their classes. Adriann will start this August, but Kenyon has 2 more years of Preschool!!

Mom and Dad G said...

Of course you know that I hade to go thru the same thing with your brother, except I didn't make the decission until he had already completed his first difficult year in kindergarten. It is much easier to wait a year before Kael goes, than it is to have him repeat kindergarten if he needs too. He will be so much more ahead and more mature in his whole school experience for the rest of his life. I am glad you are not making my mistake.Watch for how much Kael is going to blossom this year. Love Mom