Friday, May 30, 2008

27


Believe it or not, it's taken me an entire week to finally admit that I turned 27! I'm normally not such a grouch when it comes to my birthday, but ever since I turned 25, I put oscar to shame. 30 for other people still sounds so young to me, but 30 for me is REALLY hard to swallow. The closer I get, the sicker I feel. For the most part, it was a pretty good day. Every mother MUST get a babysitter for their birthday. If you don't, you will see how quickly your kids take the "happy" out of happy birthday. Trust me on this one. I'm a weirdo who enjoys shopping by myself every once in a while, so that's what I did. I met Marc for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and enjoyed even more shopping in the mall while we waited 65 minutes to get a seat. The food was great, but the waiting and the crowds may cause me to second guess returning any time soon. We ordered cheesecake to go and brought it home so the kids could sing to me. They LOVE birthdays, so I was showered with lots of hugs and kisses on my special day! 358 more days until I do it again.

5 comments:

Mom and Dad G said...

When I want to get some serious shopping done, I always like to go alone. The cheesecake looks good! For being 27 (by the way Dad couldn't believe it) you still look like you are 20. Love Mom

Our Journey to Beating Epilepsy said...

Happy Birthday!!! yummmm...cheese cake factory.

Sarah said...

hey! can i do a make-up for your birthday and take you out to dessert sometime this week? we need to catch up, it has been WAY too long!

Our Journey to Beating Epilepsy said...

april-
what is your address??? (i need it to send you a baby shower invite.)

do you have dan and chanels by chance???

thanks!

Stacie said...

Katie told us you had a blog... she also dropped off the Cold Stone gift card yesterday. That was WAY too nice! I feel kind of bad because we only got your mail a few times. We have never been to the Cheesecake Factory, but after reading...I think we might put it in the future plans. :)