Sunday, January 27, 2008

A sad day to remember


As you all know, President Hinckley passed away tonight. Although I am sad for this loss, it was time for him to leave this life and join his sweetheart. He has been an amazing leader of our church, and I have such a strong testimony of him. I am thankful for his example and sweet spirit that has touched my life for so many years. This day also holds a special place in my heart because 6 years ago today, my sister-in-law passed away as well. And to make this even more interesting, her and President Hinckley shared the same birthday, June 23rd (my wedding anniversary)! So, to enter and leave this life on the exact same dates as our beloved prophet, I have to say, is not only crazy, but quite special. Two great people, who are now in a better place. Every year, if the weather is permitting, I have tried to visit a cemetery in honor of Tandi. I did it one year with Aaron, and have tried to carry on the tradition with my own kids. Well, I missed this year, and will NEVER again. If you have ever experienced the loss of a family member or friend, the cemetery takes on a whole other meaning. And even though this may sound creepy, it's a neat experience to visit one in rememberance of someone you've lost. So, in closing to this blog, I just want to say that families truly are eternal, and I am grateful for this knowledge. And to my family and friends who I don't say this enough to, I love you all!

2 comments:

KimberlyGanir said...

Is it horrible that I always forget that date!! It's strange that they had so much in common. WEll now hopefully they can meet again.

Mom and Dad G said...

Thank you, my sweet April, for this special tribute. Thanks for you sweet reminder of Tandi and the simularities in the dates. I cried when I read it. I was able to view a tiny bit of Pres. Hinckley's funeral before we had to go to a baptism of two young girls. It seems to never fail, I was asked at the last minute to speak. It was a pleasure! One of the young girl's father was recently reactivated and was able to baptise his daughter and another little girl. It was very special. Love Mom