Sunday, September 30, 2007

A week in Paradise...

Well, after 6 years of being married, Marc and I finally took a
vacation...ALONE! No kids, no work, no STRESS. (We've been
having a lot of it lately too!) 6 days & 5 nights in beautiful
Maui. I did not want to come home. I cried when both kids
were screaming for me as I closed the car door at the
airport. It's amazing how quickly I got to enjoying myself
though. As you can see in our pictures, we had tons of fun!
Most of them are taken by one of us just holding the
camera in front of us. The ones with half of our faces were of
course taken by yours truly. ( I hate asking people to take our
picture!)
Our week consisted of: Sleeping through the night without a kid
to wake us up, eating yummy island food, snorkeling
(we got to see a sea turtle), boogie bording, sun bathing,
waterslides, walks and morning runs on the beach,
shopping, seeing a show called Ulalena, a Luau, miniature
golf, going to a movie, walking through a few high end hotels
(very pretty), sleeping in, ordering yummy pool side tropical drinks,
shave ice, and much much more! And might I add that all of this was
done without having to call a sitter or arange someone to watch the
kids! It was so nice to just get up and go when ever we wanted.
We stayed at the Westin, and I now am a believer in their infamous
Heavenly Beds! Slept like a baby, that's all I can say. It was so great
to get away and relax. And being with Marc was the best part. I love
you honey! We hope to get away at least once a year. We were well
overdue for a vacation, and since we haven't done this in 6 years, does
that mean we get 5 more vacation weeks for 2007?

2 comments:

Abby said...

If you only knew how jealose I am of you right now!!! Scott and I haven't gone on a trip like that since we've had Gracie and never by ourselves!!!! Watching your slideshow just shows me that we REALLY need one! Okay Im doing it!!! Looks like y'all had a ton of fun!! Good for u!

Jake Bryant said...

the Heavenly Bed is Heavenly! Did you know that you can register for that when you get married?